FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are plenty of questions that keep rising in the minds of various customers, and we know how important it is for them to get an answer.
Therefore, we have prepared a list of most frequently asked questions with possible answers so that most of the battery related issues can be resolved without immediately having to call the technicians for assistance.
We have got you covered with most of the questions but in case, you are stuck with something else, feel free to get in touch with Customer Support as they are available 24/7 for assisting their customers.
- Deep-cycle battery, what is it?
It is a battery that is used in applications that discharge 60% to 70% capacity of the battery. While a standard battery is used for starting, ignition and lighting. It is designed to render maximum power in short time.
When you start a car with a standard battery only 5% of its total capacity is discharged, and when it is used in heavy-load vehicles, its shelf life will be shortened.
- If the battery is made to sit ideal on concrete, will it discharge?
No, it will not because they are made of polypropylene plastic, which is an ideal material. However, you still need to store is in a cool and dry location.
- Can we use any charger with the OPTIMA batteries?
Yes, you can as long as the desired voltage is maintained while charging. If the charger is kept on for a long time, you should ensure that the maximum voltage is 13.8 volts and the maximum current is 1 Amp.
- How should I maintain my Vmaxtanks battery?
- Avoid short-circuiting
• Avoid storage in extremely cold conditions
• Avoid charging the battery completely before recharging.
• Charge it fully before storing
• Charge it regularly
• Avoid overcharging
- What are the apt storage guidelines for Vmaxtanks batteries?
• Keep them in a dry, ventilated place, completely free of moisture
• Optimal temperature must be between 10°F (-12°C) and 104°F (40°C) degrees (room temperature ideally recommended)
• Charge the battery completely before storage
• Recharge them after every 3 months when stored
• If you are unable to recharge the battery regularly, keep the 3-stage charger connected to it until reused
- How can I check if my UPG battery is still working?
Use a battery tester to test if it is in a good state or bad state. It reads the voltage by placing load on the battery. If you use a tester that read without putting load, you can get false readings most of the time. Therefore, you must use a good-quality tester.
- Will quick charging reduce the shelf life my UPG battery?
No it will not. In fact, it will charge it speedily but overcharging will definitely affect its performance and shelf-life.
- How many times should I recharge my battery?
The number of times your UPG battery must be recharged depends upon its discharging rate, use frequency, charging temperature, etc. Therefore, you must charge the battery according to need.
- When should I replace my battery?
When you find that its performance has been reduced by 50% than before, you must consider its replacement at the earliest. Rechargeable batteries do not last forever so, you must replace them at the right time.
- How should I deal with my old battery?
It should be recycled. You can sell it to any retailer as they are more than happy to use old batteries and use it further according to the need.
- Do you have a question?
If you have a question to be answered on this page, please let us know, and we will add it to the FAQs.