BY JOHN HUNT, JAN 14, 2016 7:00 PM
Do not purchase, without learning about these remarkable features of the battery!
One of the most superior batteries by Optima, the 8171-767-FFP (DS46B24R) YellowTop Prius Battery is ideal for use with vehicles having high-powered audio-video systems, and other electronic accessories. It features Spiral Cell Technology, which makes this line of battery to outperform all traditional batteries in the industry.
It is the first-ever battery that provides direct fit replacement to latest and 2004 Toyota Prius. Unlike other batteries, it does not require special installation because it is integrated with current Toyota OE vent system.
I have personally used this battery, and I am completely amazed with its performance.
In case, you too are looking for similar specs, the detailed review includes my research findings as; I have studied thoroughly about the product before buying!
- Quick recharging
Even after complete discharge, the battery recharges quickly to power your vehicles for hours, provided recommended charging guidelines are followed.
- Longer life expectancy
Pure lead used in construction of the battery eliminates the chances of using contaminants, which contributes to its longer life expectancy by a significant number of years.
- Vibration resistant
Rigid construction and tightly packed plates make the battery tough enough to resist vibrations and withstand all types of weather conditions.
- Sealed construction
Sealed construction of the battery makes it rigid and durable enough to perform for long years, without causing any hassles.
- Premium starting and deep cycle power
Top-notch staring and deep cycle power of the battery ensures that power needs of any heavily-loaded vehicle can be met efficiently.
- Large charge and discharge cycles
It can retain charge for a long period of time. Moreover, it takes very less time for charging completely than the other traditional batteries.
You do not have to carry along a bottle of distilled water in your trunk anymore because, this battery is completely sealed and does not require water checks often as is the case with other traditional batteries.
- Brand - Optima
- Weight- 26lbs
- Dimensions- 9.9 x 5.1 x 8.9 inches
- Origin- Mexico
- Customer Review- 4.6 out of 5 stars
- Model- 8171-767
- Plate Design - Wound cell configuration with Spiral Cell Technology
- Electrolyte - Sulphuric Acid
- Case - Propylene
- Case Color - Light Gray
- Cover Color - Optima Yellow
- Group Size - BCI: 35
- Post Type - JIS: 46B24R
- Cold Cranking Amps- 450
- Marine Cranking Amps -575
- Nominal Voltage- 12 V
- Capacity(20 Hr) - 38Ah
- Reserve Capacity- 66 minutes
- Open Circuit voltage -13.1 V
- Internal Resistance -0.0046 ohms
- Note: Maximum voltage while recharging should not exceed 15.6 volts. All recommended charging and storage guidelines should be adhered to!
- It is specifically designed for staring and deep cycle applications and also with vehicles demanding high power needs.
- It is amongst the most preferred batteries, which is why; many people have tried and tested just like me. The next section of customer testimonials will let you know what these customers have found after using the product!
Best alternative! It flips the high-voltage relay, runs the lights, computer and various other things. The best thing about the battery is it also runs the smartkey system. If you start facing problem, the good idea is to turn it off! Great product! Valuable investment!
Excellent performance! It worked well with my 2007 Toyota Prius. All that you really need is an 11- 12 inch extension and 10 mm socket and you are ready to go. It worked without causing any hassle in 30 degree weather and snow. So, I expect it to perform much nicer in cooler weather. I was completely satisfied with the product!
Valuable and best performing battery! It was best fit for my Toyota Prius. Also, I did not require any professional assistance to install the battery because it was very easy to install. However, to keep it running well, you have to follow all recommended guidelines of charging and storage! Highly recommended!
- Higher starting power
- Slower rate of discharging
- Longer life expectancy
- 100% spill proof
- Maintenance free
- Withstand harsh weather conditions
- Higher voltage holding capacity
- Handle high electrical loads
- A bit costly for extremely budget conscious people
The Bottom Line
Optima Batteries 8171-767-FFP (DS46B24R) YellowTop Prius Battery is an extremely efficient product for your Toyota Prius. Its deep cycle dependability, high vibration resistance, and plenty of the other features make it as one of the most preferred choice amongst people!